SupportSupport us for free by using this Amazon link. Bookmark it and use it anytime you need to buy stuff on Amazon, and we'll get a teensy commission that helps out a lot. Did I mention it's free?
Support SoundNotion on Amazon!
Help keep the lights on via PayPal.
Select your own level of support.
Our podcasts are licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Tag Archives: American orchestras
The h2 quartet’s Kim Goddard joins us this week as we discuss our trip to the New Music USA town hall meeting in Chicago, composer Elliot Cole’s rap EP, corporate sponsorship of the arts, and more.
If you enjoy the show, please subscribe on iTunes or your favorite podcast service using the links to the right.
This week’s panel:
This week’s topics include:
- This week, we are joined by Kim Goddard of the h2 quartet.
- Last Friday, SoundNotion was at the town hall meeting in Chicago hosted by the American Music Center, Meet the Composer, and American Composers Forum, about their proposed merger.
- Sequenza21 contributor and Princeton composer Elliot Cole has released a rap EP full of what the kids are calling “phat beats.”
- WNYC/WQXR is hosting a conversation with some leaders in the NYC orchestra community about the future of American orchestras.
- Butts in the Seats provides some compelling analysis of a Culture Track survey about corporate sponsorship of the arts.
- Alex Ross proposes some new festive music for the royal wedding.
Pick of the week: