SupportSupport us for free by using this Amazon link. Bookmark it and use it anytime you need to buy stuff on Amazon, and we'll get a teensy commission that helps out a lot. Did I mention it's free?
Support SoundNotion on Amazon!
Help keep the lights on via PayPal.
Select your own level of support.
Our podcasts are licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Tag Archives: Andy Akiho
This week on SoundNotion, RighteousGIRLS (Erika Dohi and Gina Izzo) join the panel to discuss the release of their new album “gathering blue,” featuring works by an eclectic group of composers.
This week on SoundNotion the panel is joined by composer, performer and microtonal lobbyist Johnny Reinhard. We talk tuning systems, dissonentlessness™, and MicroFEST NYC 2014 going on right now at Spectrum.
- This week on SoundNotion the panel is joined by composer, performer and microtonal lobbyist Johnny Reinhard.
- We discuss the 128 tuning system, dissonentlessness™, and MicroFEST NYC 2014 going on right now at Spectrum featuring the premiere of his new string quartet Seventh Heaven.
- Friends of the SoundNotion podcasting network Andy Akiho (SoundNotion: 16 Dec 2012) and Paula Matthusen (Patch In: 16 Jan 2014) are the recipients of the 2014-15 Rome Prize for Musical Composition.
- In another highly anticipated announcement, a CBS poll asks what the sexiest instrument to play is (we can’t resist sometimes). In a tragic miscarriage of justice, zither didn’t even make the list.
- Ever wondered what sound looks like? Then Schlieren Flow Visualization is for you!
This week on SoundNotion the panel is joined by composer/performer Andy Akiho to talk about his commission for the New York Philharmonic series CONTACT, a recycled orchestra, the passing of two music greats and why rubber bands sound good on everything.
If you enjoy the show, please subscribe on iTunes or your favorite podcast service using the links to the right.
- This week on SoundNotion the panel is joined by composer/performer Andy Akiho to talk about his commission for the New York Philharmonic series CONTACT, how Mariel Roberts totally kicks butt and his obsession with rubber bands.
- A new documentary about a Paraguayan youth orchestra that recycles trash into string instruments – Landfill Harmonic (get it?).
- Chamber Music America and ASCAP name their “Adventurous Programming” awardees. SoundNotion overlooked AGAIN!
- Zachary Woolfe and Daniel Wakin do the end of the year “best of” thing.
- The music world bids farewell to Ravi Shankar and Charles Rosen.