SupportSupport us for free by using this Amazon link. Bookmark it and use it anytime you need to buy stuff on Amazon, and we'll get a teensy commission that helps out a lot. Did I mention it's free?
Support SoundNotion on Amazon!
Help keep the lights on via PayPal.
Select your own level of support.
Our podcasts are licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Tag Archives: anna nicole
This week on SoundNotion the Minnesota Orchestra is still locked and Throws a Gala!, New York City Opera gives the US premiere of Anna Nicole as their Kickstarter flounders, Pandora catches a break and John Adams has issues with #composerwhippersnappers.
- This week on SoundNotion the Minnesota Orchestra is still locked and Throws a Gala!
- The Musicians of the Minnesota Orchestra plan and independent concert series for the the fall.
- In unbelievable orchestra news, the Los Angeles Philharmonic painlessly reaches a new labor deal.
- New York City Opera gives the US premiere of Anna Nicole but their Kickstarter is still floundering.
- The United States District Court gives Pandora a win.
- iTunes deals Pandora a body blow with the new iTunes radio.
- John Adams expresses strong concerns over #composerwhippersnappers.
Topics include the Detroit Symphony’s big cancellation, NEA budget cuts, controversial remarks from the NEA chair and Kennedy Center president, Michael Daugherty’s Grammy, Anna Nicole up in Lights, Radiohead’s new album, Spider-Man’s broadway spectacle, and more.
If you enjoy the show, please subscribe on iTunes or your favorite podcast service using the links to the right.
This week’s panel:
This week’s topics include:
- Detroit Symphony musicians reject the DSO’s final final offer.
- Congress passes deep budget cuts to the National Endowment for the Arts.
- NEA Chairperson Rocco Landesman may not think that’s such a bad idea; he said there’s too much art already.
- The Kennedy Center’s Michael Kaiser thinks we just aren’t making art that’s any good.
- Michael Daugherty and the Nashville Symphony had a good night at last week’s Grammy Awards.
- Mark-Anthony Turnage’s opera Anna Nicole makes waves at the Royal Opera House in London.
- Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark is getting its share of reviews while still in previews on Broadway.
- Radiohead is trying yet another new distribution model with their new album The King of Limbs.
- Composer Helmut Lachenmann is honored for his body of work with a big, fat check.