SupportSupport us for free by using this Amazon link. Bookmark it and use it anytime you need to buy stuff on Amazon, and we'll get a teensy commission that helps out a lot. Did I mention it's free?
Support SoundNotion on Amazon!
Help keep the lights on via PayPal.
Select your own level of support.
Our podcasts are licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Tag Archives: Avant Music Festival
This week on SoundNotion, the panel is joined by sound-artist/ improviser/composer/singer/guitarist/electronic-musician/educator Dafna Naphtali. We discuss coding, Wii controllers, invisible instruments, and programming humanness through (just the right amount of) randomness.
This week on SoundNotion, Avant Media founder and artistic director Randy Gibson discusses cross-discipline works, the Avant Music Festival, Avant Media’s new monthly series Tangents, his upcoming premiere, and really (“really”) long music.
- This week on SoundNotion, the panel is joined by composer, performer and Avant Media artistic director Randy Gibson.
- After five years running the successful Avant Music Festival, the Avant Media team is now tackling a monthly concert series. Tagents focuses on creating space for composers and performers to mount large scale works that would otherwise have difficulty finding a home.
- If you’re in the Colorado area don’t miss friend of the show R. Andrew Lee performing Randy’s work The Four Pillars Appearing from the Equal D under Resonating Apparitions of the Eternal Process in the Midwinter Starfield at the Atlas Institute.
- AND – Things are either semantically or suppositionaly crazy in Atlanta as the musician lockout continues.
- And on a personal note (this is Sam talking), if you’re interested in really (really) long music by one of the best in the business, check out this recording from the 2000 June in Buffalo performance of Morton Feldman‘s Crippled Symmetry by Eberhard Blum, Nils Vigeland, and Jan Williams. Special to me because I was there. Some of those coughs and chair squeaks are me.