SupportSupport us for free by using this Amazon link. Bookmark it and use it anytime you need to buy stuff on Amazon, and we'll get a teensy commission that helps out a lot. Did I mention it's free?
Support SoundNotion on Amazon!
Help keep the lights on via PayPal.
Select your own level of support.
Our podcasts are licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Tag Archives: Beethoven Festival
This week on SoundNotion, we have composer, vocalist, writer and occasion Hobbit footed performer Kate Soper. She’s writing for and performing in interesting places and adventurous mediums. PLUS:Ellen McSweeney of NMBx is all about the Benjamins.
- This week on SoundNotion, we have composer, vocalist, writer, core Wet Ink Ensemble member and occasion Hobbit footed performer Kate Soper.
- Her newest opera I Was Here I Was I,written for Alarm Will Sound with librettist Nigel Maister premiered on May 20th at the Metropolitan Museum of Art in the Temple of Dendur.
- Catch another of her operas Here Be Sirens with Morningside Opera and Dixon Place this September 5th, 6th, 11th and 12th.
- She’s also a featured composer a this year’s Festival of Contemporary Music if you’re in the Boston area July 17-21.
- In music news this week, Ellen McSweeney at NewMusicBox has elicited some strong responses with her newest blog post. It’s all about the Benjamins and a Beethoven festival (and respect).
- WQXR’s great new show Meet the Composer launched with 2014 Pulitzer winner John Luther Adams.
- And the music world says goodbye to Bobby Womack who penned the Rolling Stones first number one hit, Carole King’s hit making lyricist Gerry Goffin and legend of the top 40 Casey Kasem.