SupportSupport us for free by using this Amazon link. Bookmark it and use it anytime you need to buy stuff on Amazon, and we'll get a teensy commission that helps out a lot. Did I mention it's free?
Support SoundNotion on Amazon!
Help keep the lights on via PayPal.
Select your own level of support.
Our podcasts are licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Tag Archives: Best Christmas Scores
In this episode we review headlines: Zimmer helps at Oscars, JN Howard gets Elfman’s Hunger Games job, and Menken scores Mirror Mirror. Scorsese wins a BFCA award, and Elfman interviews live on Dec. 16. Plus we look at ten holiday/Christmas favorites.
If you enjoy the show, please subscribe on iTunes or your favorite podcast service using the links to the right.
- Favorite Christmas Scores
- Babe – Nigel Westlake (C. Saint-Saens)
- Elf – John Debney
- Amazing Stories: Santa ‘85 – Thomas Newman
- Charlie Brown Christmas – Vince Guaraldi
- Batman Returns – Danny Elfman
- Home Alone – John Williams
- Edward Scissorhands – Danny Elfman
- The Grinch – Albert Hague
- Gremlins – Jerry Goldsmith
- A Christmas Story – Paul Zaza and Carl Zittrer
- James Newton Howard replaces Elfman on The Hunger Games.
- Alan Menken will score Mirror Mirror.
- Hans Zimmer and Pharrell Williams named as Oscar music supervisors.
- The Broadcast Film Critics Association named Scorsese the second recipient of its Music+Film Award
- David Arnold remembers John Barry in The Guardian.
- Hans Zimmer talks about Man of Steel on Indiewire.com
- Live chat with Danny Elfman at 11:30 a.m. on Dec. 16; hosted by Culture Monster.
- Live “Movies on the Radio” with Michael Giacchino on Dec. 17 at WQXR.