SupportSupport us for free by using this Amazon link. Bookmark it and use it anytime you need to buy stuff on Amazon, and we'll get a teensy commission that helps out a lot. Did I mention it's free?
Support SoundNotion on Amazon!
Help keep the lights on via PayPal.
Select your own level of support.
Our podcasts are licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Tag Archives: Bill Ryan
This week on SoundNotion, the panel is joined by composer, educator and sound painter Bill Ryan with his new album, stories of how to build a successful new music ensemble, the week’s news and the secret to making it big on MTV.
If you enjoy the show, please subscribe on iTunes or your favorite podcast service using the links to the right.
- This week on SoundNotion, composer, educator and sound painter Bill Ryan joins the panel, bringing along his new album, stories of how to build a successful new music ensemble, and the secret to making it big on MTV.
- Spring for Music is going out with style. New music and living composers OH MY!
- Don’t look now but the The New York Philharmonic’s new season has got that stuff all over it too.
- Daniel Dehaan and Ryan Ingebritsen team up to help Katinka Kleijn’s brain talk to her cello.
- Since 1991, Francesco Lotoro has worked to save musical works created by victims of The Holocaust. Find a compilation here.
- New York Times classical music editor James Oestreich accepts a buyout and will retire at the end of the month.
- Pew’s Internet & American Life Project did a study. Spoiler alert! – Arts organizations use the internet.
- UbuWeb got their paws on the Wolf Fifth collection of rare avant garde LPs. (In case you didn’t know, they host cool stuff on the internet for free.)
Not being the most newsworthy week, the panel takes to the blogs to find some cool stuff happening online including a candid post by Yvonne Lam, new music scores on YouTube, a profile of the GVSU New Music Ensemble, and much more.
- Help us with our “Best of 2011” clip show. Suggest your favorite moments from past episodes!
- Yvonne Lam is a quitter, but that’s alright. This kid is a risk-taker!
- Friend-of-the-show David Smooke applies The Guardian’s 10 Rules for Writing Fiction to experimental music.
- Ólafur Arnalds has some living room songs you should check out on YouTube. Is this the future of the music video?
- The GVSU New Music Ensemble is still making waves. What makes them so special?
- The Rambler lets us know about a YouTube channel that posts new music with scores karaoke-style.