SupportSupport us for free by using this Amazon link. Bookmark it and use it anytime you need to buy stuff on Amazon, and we'll get a teensy commission that helps out a lot. Did I mention it's free?
Support SoundNotion on Amazon!
Help keep the lights on via PayPal.
Select your own level of support.
Our podcasts are licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Tag Archives: Black Violet
This week on SoundNotion, Melissa Snoza and Crystal Hall of Chicago-based Fifth House Ensemble join the panel. We talk artist-educators, narrative performances, a half million bucks for chamber groups and the greatest Def Leppard cover band ever.
If you enjoy the show, please subscribe on iTunes or your favorite podcast service using the links to the right.
- David MacDonald
- Sam Merciers
- Melissa Snoza, flute and Executive Director of Fifth House Ensemble
- Crystal Hall, oboe and Director of Educational Programming Fifth House Ensemble
- This week on SoundNotion, Melissa Snoza and Crystal Hall of Chicago-based Fifth House Ensemble join the panel. Those guys stay pretty busy.
- Chamber Music America is donating a half a million bucks to 38 US-based groups. Can we use some of that money to fix the motor on the vibes?
- The reviews are in on Alarm Will Sound’s last performance of @CageSongBooks this season.
- Def Leppard is the greatest Def Leppard cover band of all time.
- A whole bunch of Beethoven for 20 bucks? Sam finds this as acceptable as a cowbell ” target=”_blank”>cowbell.
- Ralph Jackson retires after 33 years of composer advocacy at BMI.
- Sibelius (not that Sibelius) refuses buyout offer from original founders and owners Ben and Jonathan Finn. The notational outsourcing will proceed.