SupportSupport us for free by using this Amazon link. Bookmark it and use it anytime you need to buy stuff on Amazon, and we'll get a teensy commission that helps out a lot. Did I mention it's free?
Support SoundNotion on Amazon!
Help keep the lights on via PayPal.
Select your own level of support.
Our podcasts are licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Tag Archives: Brian Tyler
In this episode we interview Downton Abbey composer John Lunn, talk about what we’ve been listening to lately, discuss the summer scores of Brian Tyler and Michael Giacchino, and look at headlines.
- Hans Zimmer played keyboard in a live orchestra performance of Interstellar.
- AFM sues major studios over international scores.
- Variety has an article about the Summer of Giacchino.
- Brian Tyler on Furious 7 and Avengers music.
- Score review of Age of Ultron from Examiner.
- Ratatouille in Concert at Royal Albert Hall on 10/28/15.
- Bill has been listening to Flash, Arrow (Blake Neely), Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. (Bear McCreary), Avengers: Age of Ultron (Danny Elfman, Brian Tyler), Daredevil (John Paesano), Jupiter Ascending (M Giacchino)
- Kevin has been listening to Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. (McCreary), Better Call Saul (Dave Porter), Tomorrowland preview at Epcot (Giacchino)
- Interview with John Lunn.
In this episode we cover a ton of recent news, interviews, awards, announcements, and upcoming scoring assignments. We discuss the new score released by Omni Music Publishing: Silverado, plus what we’ve been listening to lately.
- Awards: John Williams wins a Grammy for Book Thief, Desplat wins an Oscar, a Grammy, and BAFTA for Grand Budapest Hotel, and John Stephens and Lonnie Lynn for music and lyrics to the song Glory (from Selma), James Newton Howard to receive Max Steiner Award at 8th Annual Hollywood in Vienna; Elliot Goldenthal to receive ASCAP Founders Award.
- Interviews: interview with Zimmer, Jeff Beal NPR interview, Randy Newman being trouble for directors, Elfman 50 Shades of Gray video
- NPR discusses a score that’s ineligible to win an Oscar
- Avengers: Age of Ultron poster says “Music by Brian Tyler; Additional Music By Danny Elfman”
- Hans Zimmer to write all hero themes for BvS.
- Desplat to score Star Wars spinoff.
- Thomas Newman will score new Spielberg film Bridge of Spies instead of John Williams
- The Star Wars: Force Awakens score will record in Los Angeles and not London
- Silverado released from Omni Music Publishing
- Pacific Symphony premiered JNH Violin Concerto a few weeks ago.
- The Pittsburgh Pops announced a Howard Shore concert to close their 2015-16 season. June 24-26, 2016
- Randy Newman to perform with KC Symphony June 10th
- What We’ve Been Listening To:
- Bill: Flash, Arrow (Blake Neely), Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., The Walking Dead (Bear McCreary), House of Cards Season 3 (Jeff Beal)
- Kevin: Game of Thrones
In this episode we look at a ton of recent interviews, many involving Christopher Drake and Hans Zimmer. We also check out some recent CD releases, and talk about what we’ve been listening to.
- Here is a preview for the score for Batman: Arkham Origins, and an interview with composer Christopher Drake.
- Interview with Cliff Martinez about his score to Only God Forgives.
- Steven Price talks about his score to Gravity.
- Hans Zimmer section: he is on the fence about new Superman/Batman score, he will score Spider-Man 2 (talks here), which he is also assembling a super group for the score. Also, “Is Hans Zimmer Repeating Himself,” was recently asked.
- There was recently a concert of new piano works by film composers.
- The new end credits song for Hobbit sequel released.
- Listen to Brian Tyler’s score to Thor: The Dark World.
- Review of Danny Elfman’s “Tim Burton” concert.
- Who will write the themes for the two new Star Wars TV series?
- 42-track Arrested Development album to be released.
In this episode we look at summer movies Man of Steel and The Lone Ranger, mention a few headlines and Hans Zimmer youtube videos, name a few new CDs, and talk about what we’ve been listening to lately.
- Brian Tyler replaces Carter Burwell on Thor sequel.
- Interview with Henry Jackman regarding his recent scores (This is the End, Turbo, Captain Phillips, Captain America: The Winter Soldier).
- Hans Zimmer does an AMA on reddit.
- Hans Zimmer: “The first thing I did was leave out the trumpet.”
- Behind the scenes video on the Man of Steel score recording sessions.
- 2nd behind the scenes video of MoS featuring all the drummers.
- Bill’s Been Listening to Tron Uprising (Joseph Trapanese), John Dies at the End (Brian Tyler), Man of Steel (Zimmer), The Lone Ranger (Zimmer), The Master (Jonny Greenwood).
- Kevin’s been listening to Man of Steel (Zimmer), Game of Thrones (Ramin Djawadi),
Justice League/Unlimited (Lolita Ritmanis, Kristopher Carter, Michael McCuistion).
- New CD releases: Fandango (Alan Silvestri), Rio Conchos (J Goldsmith), The Forgotten (Laurence Rosenthal), Patriot Games (James Horner), Green Lantern: the Animated Series (Frederik Wiedmann).
In this episode we look at the score samples from Elfman’s Dark Shadows, new CD releases, new Atticus Ross assignment, cellist Maya Beiser, trailer music composing, and the new Universal fanfare.
If you enjoy the show, please subscribe on iTunes or your favorite podcast service using the links to the right.
- Here are samples from Elfman’s score to Dark Shadows; here is a review of the score.
- April CD releases: Star Trek First Contact expanded, Galaxy Quest.
- Atticus Ross will score samurai epic 47 Ronin.
- Interview with cellist Maya Beiser, currently working on JNH’s score to Snow White and the Huntsman.
- An article the music houses that write trailer music.
- The New 100th Anniversary Universal fanfare.