SupportSupport us for free by using this Amazon link. Bookmark it and use it anytime you need to buy stuff on Amazon, and we'll get a teensy commission that helps out a lot. Did I mention it's free?
Support SoundNotion on Amazon!
Help keep the lights on via PayPal.
Select your own level of support.
Our podcasts are licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Tag Archives: Bring More Recording to Los Angeles
In this episode, we look at the LA Music Scoring Community meeting, a new article by Jim Lochner, A-list composer productivity, new CD releases, Grammy noms, and what we’ve been listening to lately, including Hitchcock, Life of Pi, and the Hobbit.
If you enjoy the show, please subscribe on iTunes or your favorite podcast service using the links to the right.
- Full video of LA Music Scoring Community meeting. FB link
- Jim Lochner’s 9 favorite film music moments of 2012.
- Composer productivity: Danny Elfman has 6 2012 feature-length credits, Alexander Desplat has 9. 18 between 2011-12, Hans Zimmer has 5 in 2012. 10 between 2010-12, not including shorts and video games.
- CD releases: 2 CD release of Home Alone 2, Die Hard: with A Vengeance, The Untouchables, Conan the Barbarian 3CD, Coogan’s Bluff
- Grammy Nominees:
- The Adventures Of Tintin – The Secret Of The Unicorn John Williams, composer
- The Artist Ludovic Bource, composer
- The Dark Knight Rises Hans Zimmer, composer
- The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo Trent Reznor & Atticus Ross, composers
- Hugo Howard Shore, composer
- Journey Austin Wintory, composer
- What We’ve Been Listening To:
- Bill: Hobbit, Life of Pi, Hitchcock, Die Hard
- Kevin: RED and Due Date (Christoph Beck), Empire of the Sun, John Carter, The Hobbit, The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo