SupportSupport us for free by using this Amazon link. Bookmark it and use it anytime you need to buy stuff on Amazon, and we'll get a teensy commission that helps out a lot. Did I mention it's free?
Support SoundNotion on Amazon!
Help keep the lights on via PayPal.
Select your own level of support.
Our podcasts are licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Tag Archives: Carter Burwell
In this episode we talk about the new score to Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation by Joe Kraemer and Carter Burwell’s score to Mr. Holmes, the 2015 Emmy nominations, new CD releases, and an article by Alex Ross.
- Cool article by Alex Ross re: MI: Rogue Nation
- Emmy nominations
- Bill’s been listening to Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation (Joe Kraemer)
- Kevin’s been listening to Mr. Holmes (Burwell), M:I 5 (Joe Kraemer)
- New CD Releases: Homeward Bound (B Broughton), Cat’s Eye (Alan Silvestri), Adventures in Babysitting (Michael Kamen), The Aviator (Dominic Frontiere), Gremlins 2 expanded (Goldsmith), Return to Oz (Shire), Searching for Bobby Fischer (Horner), Outbreak 2CD (JN Howard), A.I. 3CD (Williams)
- Quick mentions: Fantastic Four (Beltrami and Glass), The Man from U.N.C.L.E. (Daniel Pemberton)
This week we discussed several headlines, including the Emmy winners, a Pete Anthony tribute, a favorite composer poll, and a new concert piece by James Newton Howard. We finish by wishing Hans Zimmer a very happy birthday.
Due to technical difficulties, this week’s episode of Streamers and Punches is only available in audio format. Sorry about that. We’ll be back to our normal, photogenic selves next week!
If you enjoy the show, please subscribe on iTunes or your favorite podcast service using the links to the right.
- We look at the Emmy winners for this year.
- We found a poll for the best film score composer. Who would you pick?
- James Newton Howard has a new concert piece “I Would Plant a Tree.”
- Conductor Pete Anthony is honored at the Temecula Valley International Film & Music Festival.
- Hans Zimmer turns 54. Happy birthday!