SupportSupport us for free by using this Amazon link. Bookmark it and use it anytime you need to buy stuff on Amazon, and we'll get a teensy commission that helps out a lot. Did I mention it's free?
Support SoundNotion on Amazon!
Help keep the lights on via PayPal.
Select your own level of support.
Our podcasts are licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Tag Archives: Charlie Parker
This week on SoundNotion Du Yun and Alex Weiser join with what to expect at the 2015 MATA Festival, taking place April 13-18 at The Kitchen in New York City. Plus, Dudamel signs on through the 21-22 season and a Charlie Parker opera in Philadelphia.
In this episode, Jorge Variego talks with Ben and Nate about Markov Chains in Charlie Parker’s music, SuperCollider, the prepared clarinet, and algorithmic composition. Max/MSP 7 gets gushed over, and Ben explains the flanging process.
- Keith McMillen’s K-Board is now available – It’s a stripped down QuNexus, without all the fancy CV and OSC features, but it’s Core compliant and only $99
- Max/MSP 7 is out!!!
- Want a new, interesting MIDI controller with a kooky name? Try the Skoog
- MusicComputing has introduced their Naru all in one music production PC – impressed?
- Moog has released a Theremini editor/librarian app for iPad. it’s free, and it let’s you edit EVERY parameter of your Theremini – what more do you need?
- Our guest this month is Jorge Variego – UT Knoxville professor, sax/clarinet virtuoso, fabulous composer!
- We discuss some of his pieces:
- Ornet – soprano sax/computer
- Study on a Fundamental – Small ensemble/tape (violin, piano, prepared clarinet, computer)
- La Jungla – Piano and SuperCollider
- In this month’s 2-minute challenge, Ben takes on Flanging.