SupportSupport us for free by using this Amazon link. Bookmark it and use it anytime you need to buy stuff on Amazon, and we'll get a teensy commission that helps out a lot. Did I mention it's free?
Support SoundNotion on Amazon!
Help keep the lights on via PayPal.
Select your own level of support.
Our podcasts are licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Tag Archives: Christian Carey
This week on SoundNotion the Minnesota Orchestra is still locked and Throws a Gala!, New York City Opera gives the US premiere of Anna Nicole as their Kickstarter flounders, Pandora catches a break and John Adams has issues with #composerwhippersnappers.
- This week on SoundNotion the Minnesota Orchestra is still locked and Throws a Gala!
- The Musicians of the Minnesota Orchestra plan and independent concert series for the the fall.
- In unbelievable orchestra news, the Los Angeles Philharmonic painlessly reaches a new labor deal.
- New York City Opera gives the US premiere of Anna Nicole but their Kickstarter is still floundering.
- The United States District Court gives Pandora a win.
- iTunes deals Pandora a body blow with the new iTunes radio.
- John Adams expresses strong concerns over #composerwhippersnappers.
WE’RE BACK! After missing two weeks, the panel is ready to snark. This week we say yes to the dress, the Insane Clown Posse gets litigious, Charles Ives house in jeopardy, Beck gets something on paper, Rob Deemer has a list and Pussy Riot gets two years.
If you enjoy the show, please subscribe on iTunes or your favorite podcast service using the links to the right.
- We’re BACK BABY! After missing a couple of weeks recently due to Dave’s move to Florida, the panel is back and ready to disagree with each other.
- Yuja Wang doesn’t disappoint at the Hollywood Bowl this year (a purple number this time). Oh, and she also played piano some.
- The Insane Clown Posse threatens to sue the FBI for calling their Juggalos a “gang.”
- Charles Ives’s house is up for sale. Sign the petition to save it from developers.
- The Arizona Commission on the Arts is handing out some cash – 1.5 million in 267 grants to local organizations.
- Beck’s newest album looks pretty cool on paper.
- Russian punk band Pussy Riot gets two years in prison for anti-Putin performance. According to Ian Bremmer, this type of oppression is commonplace in Putin’s Russia.
- #FoTS Rob Deemer at NewMusicBox is talking about lists again. Oh no! Which composers would you include?
- Nobody did it better. Marvin Hamlisch dies at 68.