SupportSupport us for free by using this Amazon link. Bookmark it and use it anytime you need to buy stuff on Amazon, and we'll get a teensy commission that helps out a lot. Did I mention it's free?
Support SoundNotion on Amazon!
Help keep the lights on via PayPal.
Select your own level of support.
Our podcasts are licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Tag Archives: Claudio Abbado
This week on SoundNotion, we’re joined by Ensemble for the Romantic Century Executive Artistic Director Eve Wolf. We discuss their new production “Tchaikovsky: None But the Lonely Heart,” what a “Theatrical Concert” is and the not death classical music.
- This week on SoundNotion, we’re joined by Ensemble for the Romantic Century Executive Artistic Director Eve Wolf.
- We discuss their new production “Tchaikovsky: None But the Lonely Heart,” premiering at BAM on March 5th – 9th.
- Eve also helps us take the pulse of classical music. We conclude that the patient is in fact NOT DEAD, no matter what the poorly researched and poorly written Slate piece by Mark Vanhoenacker claims.
- The Grammy winners are in. Minnesota wins for orchestral performance while taking the entire year off.
- Milwaukee Symphony concertmaster Frank Almond is tased and has his 1715 Stradivarius stolen while leaving a concert at Wisconsin Lutheran College. There’s a $100,000 reward being offered for the return of the instrument.
- RIP Singer-songwriter and activist Pete Seeger and revered conductor Claudio Abbado who served as music director of La Scala, the London Symphony Orchestra, the Vienna State Opera and the Berlin Philharmonic.