SupportSupport us for free by using this Amazon link. Bookmark it and use it anytime you need to buy stuff on Amazon, and we'll get a teensy commission that helps out a lot. Did I mention it's free?
Support SoundNotion on Amazon!
Help keep the lights on via PayPal.
Select your own level of support.
Our podcasts are licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Tag Archives: Dave Porter
In this episode we look at when Williams will start scoring the new Star Wars film, Back to the Future full score, and we interview composer Kevin MacLeod and filmmaker Ryan Camarda about their documentary Royalty Free: The Music of Kevin MacLeod.
- John Williams to begin scoring Episode VII soon.
- Breaking Bad composer, Dave Porter, to score spin-off “Better Call Saul.”
- A guilty pleasure: Is it Trent Reznor or a Household Appliance?
- Bill’s Been Listening To: The Lego Movie (Mark Mothersbaugh), Grand Budapest Hotel (Alexandre Desplat), The Walking Dead Season 4 (B McCreary), Sin City 2: A Dame to Kill For (Robert Rodriquez and Carl Thiel)
- Kevin’s Been Listening To: Gotham (Graeme Revell)
- New Releases: BTAS Volume 3 (Shirley Walker), “John Williams’s Film Music” by Emilio Audissino (book), Back to the Future score by Omni Music Publishing
- Interview with Ryan Camarda, filmmaker and Kevin MacLeod, composer (IMDB)
- A spreadsheet with a list of other top YouTube Producers who use Kevin’s Music.
- Royalty Free’s website: RoyaltyFreeDoc.com
- Kickstarter Link:https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ryancamarda/royalty-free-the-music-of-kevin-macleod
In this episode we interview composer Bear McCreary, talk about movies we’ve recently seen, look at new scoring assignments for composers Ryan Amon, Tyler Bates, and Alexander Desplat, and highlight recent film score releases.
- Breaking Bad composer Dave Porter talks about the final season.
- This article discusses composer Ryan Amon and his score to Elysium.
- Tyler Bates has been hired to score Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy.
- Alexander Desplat has been hired to score Godzilla.
- Bill has been listening to music from Breaking Bad (Dave Porter), Elysium (Ryan Amon), Solomon Kane (Klaus Badelt), X-Men trilogy (Michael Kamen, John Ottman, John Powell), and The World’s End (Steven Price).
- Kevin has been listening to The World’s End (Steven Price) and Shaun of the Dead (Dan Mudford and Pete Woodhead).
- New CD releases: Poltergeist 2 (J Goldsmith), The Matrix Reloaded 2CD (Don Davis), Wyatt Earp 3CD (James N Howard), Star Trek Insurrection Expanded Collector’s Edition (J Goldsmith).
- We interview Bear McCreary.
In this episode we discuss the new Oscar song rules, post links to full scores of Greenwood’s The Master and Leonard-Morgan’s Dredd 3D, talk about what we’ve been listening to, and compare mid-90’s superhero movie scores.
If you enjoy the show, please subscribe on iTunes or your favorite podcast service using the links to the right.
- New Oscar rules for Best Song category.
- Links to Johnny Greenwood’s full score to The Master, and Paul Leonard-Morgan’s full score to Dredd 3D.
- John Williams receives another award.
- Dave Porter’s score to Breaking Bad is finally released on iTunes.
- La la Land’s new CD release: $224.98 Star Trek: The Original Series 15 CD set.