SupportSupport us for free by using this Amazon link. Bookmark it and use it anytime you need to buy stuff on Amazon, and we'll get a teensy commission that helps out a lot. Did I mention it's free?
Support SoundNotion on Amazon!
Help keep the lights on via PayPal.
Select your own level of support.
Our podcasts are licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Tag Archives: David Bloom
On SN 68, David Bloom and Dylan Mattingly of Contemporaneous join the panel to talk opera on the silver screen, composer tantrums about opera, orchestral flash mobs, loud and proud Tchaikovsky by Hahn-Bin and the passing of beloved author Maurice Sendak.
If you enjoy the show, please subscribe on iTunes or your favorite podcast service using the links to the right.
- David Bloom and Dylan Mattingly of Contemporaneous join the panel this week. Follow, watch and listen but hurry. They move fast.
- English National Opera artistic director John Berry says that the HD cinema experience is bad for opera. In a related story, medication is shown to be bad for sick people.
- Composer Michael Nyman thinks the Royal Opera House should program a work by each UK tax payers (or he’s just off his rocker).
- Children’s author (and librettist/set designer) Maurice Sendak dies at 83.
- The Copenhagen Philharmonic flash mobs some Peer Gynt. For a different take on advanced flash mobbing – try this.
- Hahn-Bin might be getting political with this performance of the Tchaikovsky Violin Concerto.