SupportSupport us for free by using this Amazon link. Bookmark it and use it anytime you need to buy stuff on Amazon, and we'll get a teensy commission that helps out a lot. Did I mention it's free?
Support SoundNotion on Amazon!
Help keep the lights on via PayPal.
Select your own level of support.
Our podcasts are licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Tag Archives: Dawn of the Planet of the Apes
In this episode we interview Bones composer Julia Newmann, talk in-depth about Michael Giacchino’s score to Dawn of Planet of the Apes, talk about what else we’ve been listening to lately, and look at which composers are being honored in Europe.
- Variety interviews “Fargo” composer, Jeff Russo.
- Alexandre Desplat to head jury at Venice Film Festival.
- Hans Zimmer will be honored at the Zurich Film Festival, which includes a film music competition.
- Listen to Dawn of the Planet of the Apes; read the silly DOTPOTA track titles.
- John Williams, Gustavo Dudamel, and Gustavo Santaolalla discussed film scoring at the LA Museum of Art on July 21.
- Rumor: Christopher Young to score Doctor Strange.
- Bill has been listening to DOTPOTA (Michael Giacchino), Game of Thrones Season 4 (Ramin Djawadi), Night Crossing (J Goldsmith), and Deep Rising (J Goldsmith).
- Kevin has been listening to Chef (Various), Edge of Tomorrow (Christoph Beck), Jersey Boys, DOTPOTA (Giacchino).
- Bill and Kevin discuss Michael Giacchino’s score to Dawn of Planet of the Apes.
- Julia Newmann interview (Bones composer, seasons 1-9)
In this episode we look at a few articles, talk about new scoring assignments, Arrested Development season 4, Star Trek Into Darkness, After Earth, what we’ve been listening to, and new CD film score releases.
- John Williams talks Superman and Star Wars.
- Michael Giacchino hired to score Dawn of the Planet of the Apes.
- Carter Burwell exits “Thor: The Dark World.”
- Hans Zimmer hired for Interstellar, next Nolan pic.
- Muse (Clash of the Titans) contribute a track to World War Z.
- The Great Gatsby music supervisor, Anton Monsted, talks about assembling the soundtrack.
- “Rewriting The Music Of The Evil Dead With Composer Roque Banos.”
- Do I need to hire a music editor?.
- Listen to 90 second clips of the Man of Steel score.
- Bill’s been listening to: Wreck-It-Ralph (Henry Jackman), After Earth (James Newton Howard), Hour of the Gun, The Salamander, The Challenge (all Jerry Goldsmith), Grand Canyon (James Newton Howard).
- Kevin’s been listening to: Arrested Development Season 4 (David Schwartz).
- New CD releases: Dreamscape (Maurice Jarre), Beyond the Poseidon Adventure (Jerry Fielding), Squanto: A Warrior’s Tale (Joel McNeely), Dressed to Kill (Pino Donaggio), Rosewood 2CD (John Williams).
- Summer Movie Scores Part 2 – Star Trek Into Darkness and After Earth.