SupportSupport us for free by using this search box the next time you buy anything from Amazon.
Help keep the lights on via PayPal.
Select your own level of support.
Our podcasts are licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Tag Archives: DiMenna Center for Classical Music
This week Douglas Boyce of counter)induction joins the panel. We take on music myths, creative programing, conflict in performance, Make Music, Occupy Guitarmy (yes Guitarmy), settlement in Louisville? NEWS FLASH: MUSIC + CHILDREN = EMPATHY.
If you enjoy the show, please subscribe on iTunes or your favorite podcast service using the links to the right.
- Douglas Boyce of counter)induction joins the panel this week. c)i’s new CD group theory from New Dynamic Records mixes up the mixed chamber ensemble.
- Tom Service takes on five myths about contemporary classical music. We take on his take on the number and character of the myths.
- The economic downturn brought no sympathy for the creative class.
- The American Composers Orchestra Announces 21st Annual Underwood New Music Readings. The people’s choice winner gets to compose a ringtone!
- Make Music NY is set for June 21st.
- Occupy Guitarmy? “I got my first real six-string, Bought it at the five-and-dime…”
- Find Kevin Puts’ Pulitzer Prize winning opera Silent Night for free-99 at NPR. Maybe this will cure the opera/pulitzer curse.
- Louisville Orchestra management and labor may be headed for a settlement.
- MUSIC + CHILDREN = EMPATHY