SupportSupport us for free by using this Amazon link. Bookmark it and use it anytime you need to buy stuff on Amazon, and we'll get a teensy commission that helps out a lot. Did I mention it's free?
Support SoundNotion on Amazon!
Help keep the lights on via PayPal.
Select your own level of support.
Our podcasts are licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Tag Archives: Elliot Goldenthal
In this episode we look at lots of John Powell news, Kevin talks about his trip to Los Angeles, upcoming summer scores, new CD releases, and what we’ve been listening to lately.
- John Powell to take a sabbatical from film music to focus on concert music
- Two reviews: How to Train Your Dragon 2 and Score! (TV music concert)
- A concert of the National Brass Ensemble, featuring a world premiere by John Williams (Music for Brass) with an all-star cast of brass players
- David Arnold is doing a David Arnold: A Life In Song concert in London (July 9)
- Bill’s been listening to Edge of Tomorrow (Christophe Beck), X-Men: DOFP (Ottman), Clone Wars (K Kiner), and Kevin’s been listening to The Amazing Spider-man 2 (Zimmer+), X-Men: DOFP (Ottman)
- New CD Releases: The Stone Cutters (E Goldenthal), How to Train Your Dragon 2 (6/17) (J Powell), Night Crossing, Deep Rising (both J Goldsmith), The Peacemaker 2CD (H Zimmer), Altered States (J Corigliano), D.A.R.Y.L. (M Hamlisch), Son of Batman (F Wiedmann)
- Kevin went on a trip to L.A. and Bill asks him about it
- Future summer scores we’re looking forward to:
- Dawn of the Planet of the Apes (Giacchino)
- Guardians of the Galaxy
- Kingsman: The Secret Service (Henry Jackman and Matthew Margeson)