SupportSupport us for free by using this search box the next time you buy anything from Amazon.
Help keep the lights on via PayPal.
Select your own level of support.
Our podcasts are licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Tag Archives: Face the Music
This week on SoundNotion Du Yun and Alex Weiser join with what to expect at the 2015 MATA Festival, taking place April 13-18 at The Kitchen in New York City. Plus, Dudamel signs on through the 21-22 season and a Charlie Parker opera in Philadelphia.
The panel takes on arts funding in Europe, checks out the new Spotify app “Classify”, discusses David Smooke’s thoughts on the Genius Myth, and more!
If you enjoy the show, please subscribe on iTunes or your favorite podcast service using the links to the right.
- Teenagers like weird ugly music? Find these weirdos here and here also.
- European governments give lots of money to the arts, until they run out of money.
- The new Sound and Music program in the UK isn’t making all composers happy.
- Banjo great and musical innovator Earl Scruggs dies at 88.
- Spotify has a new app to help sort your classical music.
- The Institute for Intelligent Systems at the University of Memphis is making a robot Glenn Gould (do they know that it will need to grunt and groan while playing).
- FoTS David Smooke wants us to get past the Genius Myth.
- OH! And FoTS Tim Rosenberg brings his steely eyed pragmatism to the SN panel.