SupportSupport us for free by using this Amazon link. Bookmark it and use it anytime you need to buy stuff on Amazon, and we'll get a teensy commission that helps out a lot. Did I mention it's free?
Support SoundNotion on Amazon!
Help keep the lights on via PayPal.
Select your own level of support.
Our podcasts are licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Tag Archives: Fifty Shades of Grey
In this episode we look at the recent Emmy winners and nominees, talk about Danny Elfman’s newest assignment, a new repertoire for conductor Gustavo Dudamel, and look at what Bill and Kevin have been listening to.
- Alan Silverstri wins an EMMY for Cosmos: “Music composition for a series (original dramatic score): “Cosmos: A SpaceTime Odyssey: Standing Up in the Milky Way,” Fox and NatGeo. (He won in 2 categories: music for a series and “outstanding original main title theme music”)
- FOTS Michael Price and David Arnold win an EMMY for Sherlock: His Last Vow “Music composition for a miniseries, movie or special: “Sherlock: His Last Vow (Masterpiece),” PBS.
- FOTS Jeff Beal (and fellow Emmy nominee) signs with G. Schirmer
- Danny Elfman to score “Fifty Shades of Grey“
- Happy Birthday Scott Glasgow, another FOTS
- LA Phil Gala on September 30 to honor John Williams. Dudamel will conduct Star Wars.
- BIll and Kevin have been listening to The Raid 2 (Joseph Trapanese, Fajar Yuskemal, Aria Prayogi), Guardians of the Galaxy (Tyler Bates), Orange is the New Black Seasons 1-2,(Scott Doherty, Brandon Jay, Gwendolyn Sanford), Hemlock Grove Season 2 (Nathan Barr), Empire of the Sun 2CD (J Williams), How to Train Your Dragon 2 (John Powell), Inside Llewyn Davis (T Bone Burnett and Marcus Mumford)
This week on SoundNotion the panel discusses the bump and grind of Thomas Tallis (50 shades of cash), Glass on the street in Time Square, band camp for grown-ups and the Alarm Will Sound/social media/John Cage three headed love child.
If you enjoy the show, please subscribe on iTunes or your favorite podcast service using the links to the right.
- This week on SoundNotion we join ourselves(?) as the new music podcast featured by Rob Deemer NewMusicBox.
- Thomas Tallis gotta whole lotta love for you baby, record companies are seeing 50 shades of cash and Veltman claims the pun.
- NPR Field Recordings find Glass on the street. flash mob + world premiere = flamolpriere.
- Alarm Will Sound wraps up its crowd-sourced, interactive, theatrical, social media, Google Hangout, YouTube, Twitter, webcam Cage Song Book series tonight.
- One time, the Baltimore Symphony Orchestra had a band camp (for grown-ups).
- The centennial of Woody Guthrie’s birth. “This land was made for reasonable copyright laws.”