SupportSupport us for free by using this Amazon link. Bookmark it and use it anytime you need to buy stuff on Amazon, and we'll get a teensy commission that helps out a lot. Did I mention it's free?
Support SoundNotion on Amazon!
Help keep the lights on via PayPal.
Select your own level of support.
Our podcasts are licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Tag Archives: Frank Zappa
This week we’ve got both kinds of value, the touchy feely kind, and the money kind. San Francisco is on strike, Reznor and Radiohead on giving it away, The Jerusalem Quartet, PLUS – Alexandra Gardner, “…no one who wasn’t there needs to know it was bad.”
If you enjoy the show, please subscribe on iTunes or your favorite podcast service using the links to the right.
- San Francisco Symphony musicians are on strike. #FoTS Drew McManus wonders what everybody is fighting about?
- The Verge has a post-mortem on recent music marketing experiments by Radiohead and Trent Reznor. Free is an attractive price point for the majority of consumers.
- The Jerusalem Quartet is set to play all of the Shostakovich string quartets in one week.
- John Coltrane‘s 1966 Yamaha prototype alto sax is for sale on eBay. $115,000.00 buy it now. FREE SHIPPING!!
- #FoTS Alexandra Gardner on bad performances, “…no one who wasn’t there needs to know it was bad.”
- Frank Zappa’s The Yellow Shark: Food Gathering In Post-Industrial America (1992) – Amazon MP3/CD – iTunes