SupportSupport us for free by using this Amazon link. Bookmark it and use it anytime you need to buy stuff on Amazon, and we'll get a teensy commission that helps out a lot. Did I mention it's free?
Support SoundNotion on Amazon!
Help keep the lights on via PayPal.
Select your own level of support.
Our podcasts are licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Tag Archives: Franz Welser-Möst
This week on SoundNotion, we’re joined by composer Sean Shepherd. We discuss his work Blur for ensemble intercontemporain, the April 20th world premiere of his new work Tuolumne with the Cleveland Orchestra PLUS – the value of Nico Muhly’s Twitter feed.
If you enjoy the show, please subscribe on iTunes or your favorite podcast service using the links to the right.
- This week on SoundNotion, we’re joined by composer Sean Shepherd.
- We discuss his work Blur for Ensemble InterContemporain and the “nine-layered cake” nature of the piece.
- Sean discusses the Ansel Adams photos that inspired the individual movements of his large new work Tuolumne. Catch the world premiere April 18th with the Cleveland Orchestra.
- Sean is a busy guy. Go hear Sean’s music live if you can.
- The music world says goodbye to renowned mezzo-soprano Risë Stevens.