SupportSupport us for free by using this Amazon link. Bookmark it and use it anytime you need to buy stuff on Amazon, and we'll get a teensy commission that helps out a lot. Did I mention it's free?
Support SoundNotion on Amazon!
Help keep the lights on via PayPal.
Select your own level of support.
Our podcasts are licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Tag Archives: glockenspiel
Topics include streaming opera performances, the future of American orchestras, rethinking digital distribution, the existential crisis of glockenspiel vibrato, and more.
If you enjoy the show, please subscribe on iTunes or your favorite podcast service using the links to the right.
This week’s panel:
This week’s topics include:
- James Levine is withdrawing from a slew of upcoming performances.
- Are streaming opera performances really a good idea?
- WQXR brought together some luminaries to ponder the future of American orchestras. (And Ray Hair embarassed himself and musicians everywhere.)
- Detroit Symphony announces a gamble on lower ticket prices.
- The Rethink Music Conference rethinks distribution models and intellectual property issues.
- Ty Forquer helps Sam and Dave settle an old score about the existence of glockenspiel vibrato.
- Interested in an orchestra administration career? Adaptistration’s Drew McManus wants to help you find a gig.
Pick of the week: