SupportSupport us for free by using this Amazon link. Bookmark it and use it anytime you need to buy stuff on Amazon, and we'll get a teensy commission that helps out a lot. Did I mention it's free?
Support SoundNotion on Amazon!
Help keep the lights on via PayPal.
Select your own level of support.
Our podcasts are licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Tag Archives: Gloria Cheng
In this episode we talk to Gloria Cheng about her new album, look at the Oscar nominations, some recent news about Hans Zimmer and Alexander Desplat, Lord of the Rings concert news, and what Bill’s been listening to lately.
- Michael Mann responds to Harry Gregson-Williams Facebook post about the Blackhat score.
- Hans Zimmer bits:
- Alexander Desplat bits:
- Philip Glass and Marco Beltrami to co-score The Fantastic Four.
- Kickstarter project Score: A Film Music Documentary launches Feb. 15.
- Symphony Silicon Valley to play two LOTR cycles in April.
- Michael Giacchino speaks about scoring Jupiter Ascending for the Wachowskis.
- Happy Birthday John Williams!
- Bill has been listening to Nightcrawler by James Newton Howard, American Sniper by Clint Eastwood and Joseph S. DeBeasi, Saving Mr. Banks by Thomas Newman, and A Million Ways to Die in the West by Joel McNeely
- Oscar Nominations for Best Song:
- “Everything Is Awesome” from THE LEGO MOVIE – Music and Lyric by Shawn Patterson
- “Glory” from SELMA – Music and Lyric by John Stephens and Lonnie Lynn
- “Grateful” from BEYOND THE LIGHTS – Music and Lyric by Diane Warren
- “I’m Not Gonna Miss You” from GLEN CAMPBELL…I’LL BE ME – Music and Lyric by Glen Campbell and Julian Raymond
- “Lost Stars” from BEGIN AGAIN – Music and Lyric by Gregg Alexander and Danielle Brisebois
- Oscar Nominations for Best Score: