SupportSupport us for free by using this Amazon link. Bookmark it and use it anytime you need to buy stuff on Amazon, and we'll get a teensy commission that helps out a lot. Did I mention it's free?
Support SoundNotion on Amazon!
Help keep the lights on via PayPal.
Select your own level of support.
Our podcasts are licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Tag Archives: Groupmuse
This week on SoundNotion, the panel discusses the merits of dancing in medical school, Larry and Arlene Dunn’s new music bridge to Cuba, a new season for Groupmuse, the New Jersey Symphony’s first female music director and YouTube’s new streaming service.
This week on SoundNotion, the panel digs into the week’s news. Uncle Phil(harmonic) wants in on the new music festival thing, Groupmuse puts the chamber back in chamber music, Apple buys Beats, Appalachian Spr…. ah-huh? and goodbye Maya Angelou.
- This week on SoundNotion, the panel digs into the week’s news.
- Uncle Phil(harmonic) wants in on the hip new music festival thing. Their first Biennial has a great lineup and looks promising.
- House parties are a staple of the indie music scene. Now,classical music startup Groupmuse wants to use the house party to bring classical music to millennials.
- What the University of Maryland Symphony Orchestra does to Appalachian Spring puts the musicians in motion and gives the dancers the day off. The panel agrees with the good reviews.
- Apple pulls the trigger on Beats Music for a cool three billion dollars.
- Anthony Tommasini teaches dissonance to civilians.
- A survey in the UK says that movie theater screenings of opera performances aren’t peaking anyone’s interest.
- A mystery piano has appeared on the shore under the Brooklyn Bridge in Manhattan. The SoundNotion investigative division has uncovered that the same thing happened in Miami in 2011!!
- The world bids a sad farewell to Maya Angelou. We suggest Terry Gross‘s 1986 interview if you want to hear about the life of this great woman from Dr. Angelou herself.