SupportSupport us for free by using this Amazon link. Bookmark it and use it anytime you need to buy stuff on Amazon, and we'll get a teensy commission that helps out a lot. Did I mention it's free?
Support SoundNotion on Amazon!
Help keep the lights on via PayPal.
Select your own level of support.
Our podcasts are licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Tag Archives: Henry Jackman
In this episode we look at headlines with Alan Silvestri and Hans Zimmer, talk about concerts featuring film music, share what we’ve listening to lately, and interview Jeff Beal. Oh, and Kevin has a shameless plug.
- Alan Silvestri scores the new tv series Cosmos.
- Alan Silvestri will not score Avengers sequel The Avengers: Age of Ultron. (Brian Tyler will instead.)
- Howard Shore to have three world premieres in Ireland.
- Preview of Mansell’s score to Noah and Mica Levi’s score to Under the Skin.
- Hans Zimmer knew nothing of the plot to Interstellar when he composed the score.
- The New York Phil will play an all-Pixar concert under David Newman. May 1-3.
- Detroit Symphony Orchestra is planning fun and games for people camping out for Williams/Spielberg tickets.
- Bill has been listening to Django Unchained (Ennio Morricone, various), Captain America 2: The Winter Soldier (Henry Jackman), Flesh + Blood (Basil Poledouris), The Meteor Man (Cliff Eidelman), Sherlock: Series 3 (Arnold & Price).
- Kevin has been listening to Cosmos (Alan Silvestri), Tim’s Vermeer (Conrad Pope), The Grand Budapest Hotel (Alexandre Desplat), Captain America 2: The Winter Soldier (Henry Jackman).
- New soundtrack releases: Young Sherlock 2CD, Psycho II (Jerry Goldsmith), Jade (James Horner).
- We interview Jeff Beal. We specifically discussed his work on House of Cards and Blackfish. The soundtrack album of House of Cards Season 1 is currently available. Season 2 comes out May 19.
- Shameless plug for Kevin: Movie Night with Helix Collective. Performance 5/3/14 6pm. Silverlake Lounge, Los Angeles.
In this episode we look at a lot of news, upcoming scores that we’re looking forward to, congratulate our producer and recent guest Bear McCreary on their recent accolades, and look at new CD releases and what we’ve been listening to lately.
- Hans Zimmer, recently named Composer of the Year by Classical Brits, speaks briefly about his score to “Batman vs. Superman” – “It’s complicated”
- Allison Loring wrote an informative article regarding women orchestrators in Hollywood films.
- Bear McCreary won an Emmy! And has a blog post about his favorite quotes from Elmer Bernstein.
- Does binge watching change things for TV composers?
- Alec Baldwin speaks about why music makes the film.
- Michael Giacchino will score Brad Bird’s Tomorrowland.
- David Chen looks at to Rob Simonsen’s score to The Spectacular Now in a podcast.
- Here is an Interesting article/talk with Howard Shore.
In this episode we look at summer movies Man of Steel and The Lone Ranger, mention a few headlines and Hans Zimmer youtube videos, name a few new CDs, and talk about what we’ve been listening to lately.
- Brian Tyler replaces Carter Burwell on Thor sequel.
- Interview with Henry Jackman regarding his recent scores (This is the End, Turbo, Captain Phillips, Captain America: The Winter Soldier).
- Hans Zimmer does an AMA on reddit.
- Hans Zimmer: “The first thing I did was leave out the trumpet.”
- Behind the scenes video on the Man of Steel score recording sessions.
- 2nd behind the scenes video of MoS featuring all the drummers.
- Bill’s Been Listening to Tron Uprising (Joseph Trapanese), John Dies at the End (Brian Tyler), Man of Steel (Zimmer), The Lone Ranger (Zimmer), The Master (Jonny Greenwood).
- Kevin’s been listening to Man of Steel (Zimmer), Game of Thrones (Ramin Djawadi),
Justice League/Unlimited (Lolita Ritmanis, Kristopher Carter, Michael McCuistion).
- New CD releases: Fandango (Alan Silvestri), Rio Conchos (J Goldsmith), The Forgotten (Laurence Rosenthal), Patriot Games (James Horner), Green Lantern: the Animated Series (Frederik Wiedmann).