SupportSupport us for free by using this Amazon link. Bookmark it and use it anytime you need to buy stuff on Amazon, and we'll get a teensy commission that helps out a lot. Did I mention it's free?
Support SoundNotion on Amazon!
Help keep the lights on via PayPal.
Select your own level of support.
Our podcasts are licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Tag Archives: I Care If You Listen
This week we’re joined by composer and founder of the I Care if You Listen blog and iTunes Newsstand magazine of the same name, Thomas Deneuville. PLUS Thom Yorke leaves Spotify, Biophilia on Android at last and the Emerson String Quartet’s new member.
- This week on SoundNotion, we’re joined by composer and founder of the I Care if You Listen blog Thomas Deneuville.
- We discuss his new Apple Newsstand magazine of the same name. It’s the first Apple Newsstand magazine to focus exclusively on contemporary classical music, tech and the arts.
- He is our #PoTW composer, and he’ll have a new opera produced by Underworld Productions Opera in May of 2014.
- Bjork’s Biophilia is FINALLY out for Android.
- Thom Yorke and Nigel Godrich pull their content from Spotify and aren’t afraid to say why. Spotify pleads innocence.
- Alexander Pereira will take over as general manager of Teatro alla Scala and will begin a year earlier than announced in June.
- The Emerson String Quartet has its first personnel change since 1979. Congrats to Paul Watkins.
- We didn’t get around to it on the show, but #FoTS Rob Deemer has a great piece on NewMusicBox this week. You should check it out.
Rob Deemer joins the panel to discuss amateurism, the SONiC Festival, the release of a catalogue of forgotten recordings, music and technology, and the most relaxing tune ever. (Try not to fall asleep.)
If you enjoy the show, please subscribe on iTunes or your favorite podcast service using the links to the right.
- Rob Deemer sheds more light on his views on amateurism in composition.
- Sequenza21 has a concert you should attend. (Why don’t we have one of those?)
- Is this the most relaxing tune ever?
- Patrick gives us the scoop on the SONiC Festival and provides us with a demo of the Thicket app.
- New World Records has completed a digitization of the Composers Recordings, Inc. catalogue. It took a while, but it’s finally here!
- Is music a technology? A philosophical discussion ensues…like usual.