SupportSupport us for free by using this Amazon link. Bookmark it and use it anytime you need to buy stuff on Amazon, and we'll get a teensy commission that helps out a lot. Did I mention it's free?
Support SoundNotion on Amazon!
Help keep the lights on via PayPal.
Select your own level of support.
Our podcasts are licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Tag Archives: IMSLP
This week on SoundNotion, three instigators behind the popular and informative #musochat phenomenon on Shaya Lyon, Megan Ihnen, and Griffin Candey join the panel. We discuss community (whatever that means) and the power of Twitter (whatever that means).
- @Musochat instigators Shaya Lyon, Megan Ihnen, and Griffin Candey are here.
- Join the #musochat conversation or apply to be a host.
- New to the New Music scene? Get the lay of the land.
- Some minor changes at IMSLP (just pay the money and shut up).
- Remembering Kurt Masur. Some less fondly.
- RIP Natalie Cole and John Duffy.
This week on SoundNotion, pianist Aleck Karis joins us from San Diego. His new album of works by Webern, Wolpe, and Feldman is out in December. Other topics include the IMSLP scare (Deemer!), German orchestra issues, and Caroline Shaw’s “Partita” remixes.
- This week on SoundNotion, pianist and educator Aleck Karis joins us from San Diego.
- His new album, Webern, Wolpe and Feldman is out on Bridge Records in December, and he’s playing the entire album live on December 8th in New York.
- The classical music world erupts in horror over false rumors that IMSLP was shutting down. We have no proof, but we’re positive that it was all #FoTS Rob Deemer‘s fault.
- Austerity in Germany threatens to “merge” the adventurous Southwest Radio Orchestra in Baden-Baden with its more conservative neighbor in Stuttgart (YAY – More overtures!!). An impassioned op-ed in the Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung signed by 160 maestros and an open letter signed by 148 composers seek to stop the merger.
- Caroline Shaw‘s Pulitzer Prize winning Partita for 8 Voices (performed by Roomful of Teeth)is being remixed as part of New Amsterdam Records‘ yearly fundraiser in partnership with Q2 Music. This week’s remix is by Lorna Dune.
- The music world bids farewell to John Tavener with a final premiere.