SupportSupport us for free by using this Amazon link. Bookmark it and use it anytime you need to buy stuff on Amazon, and we'll get a teensy commission that helps out a lot. Did I mention it's free?
Support SoundNotion on Amazon!
Help keep the lights on via PayPal.
Select your own level of support.
Our podcasts are licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Tag Archives: Jeff Beal
In this episode we congratulate all of the Emmy winners, give a shout-out to the new scoring program at Eastman, chat details about the new Star Wars score release and behind the scenes, and share what we’ve been listening to.
- Jeff Beal wins an Emmy for his music for House of Cards.
- Jeff and Joan Beal donate $2 million to the Eastman School of Music to found Beal Institute for Film Music and Contemporary Media.
- Other Emmy winners:
- Bessie by Rachel Portman (for limited series, special, etc.)
- Transparent by Dustin O’Halloran (for best theme)
- Inside Amy Schumer by Kyle Dunnigan & Jim Roach (for music and lyrics)
- Stevie Wonder Grammy Salute by Greg Phillinganess (for music direction)
- The Star Wars VII: The Force Awakens soundtrack to be released on Friday, December 18th; the same day as the film.
- William Ross is credited as conductor on Star Wars VII (according to IMDB).
- Bill has been listening to the Man from U.N.C.L.E. (Daniel Pemberton) and so has Kevin; Kevin also listened to No Escape (Marco Beltrami and Buck Sanders)
- New CD Releases: The Secret of N.I.M.H. expanded (J Goldsmith).
In this episode we look at headlines with Alan Silvestri and Hans Zimmer, talk about concerts featuring film music, share what we’ve listening to lately, and interview Jeff Beal. Oh, and Kevin has a shameless plug.
- Alan Silvestri scores the new tv series Cosmos.
- Alan Silvestri will not score Avengers sequel The Avengers: Age of Ultron. (Brian Tyler will instead.)
- Howard Shore to have three world premieres in Ireland.
- Preview of Mansell’s score to Noah and Mica Levi’s score to Under the Skin.
- Hans Zimmer knew nothing of the plot to Interstellar when he composed the score.
- The New York Phil will play an all-Pixar concert under David Newman. May 1-3.
- Detroit Symphony Orchestra is planning fun and games for people camping out for Williams/Spielberg tickets.
- Bill has been listening to Django Unchained (Ennio Morricone, various), Captain America 2: The Winter Soldier (Henry Jackman), Flesh + Blood (Basil Poledouris), The Meteor Man (Cliff Eidelman), Sherlock: Series 3 (Arnold & Price).
- Kevin has been listening to Cosmos (Alan Silvestri), Tim’s Vermeer (Conrad Pope), The Grand Budapest Hotel (Alexandre Desplat), Captain America 2: The Winter Soldier (Henry Jackman).
- New soundtrack releases: Young Sherlock 2CD, Psycho II (Jerry Goldsmith), Jade (James Horner).
- We interview Jeff Beal. We specifically discussed his work on House of Cards and Blackfish. The soundtrack album of House of Cards Season 1 is currently available. Season 2 comes out May 19.
- Shameless plug for Kevin: Movie Night with Helix Collective. Performance 5/3/14 6pm. Silverlake Lounge, Los Angeles.