SupportSupport us for free by using this Amazon link. Bookmark it and use it anytime you need to buy stuff on Amazon, and we'll get a teensy commission that helps out a lot. Did I mention it's free?
Support SoundNotion on Amazon!
Help keep the lights on via PayPal.
Select your own level of support.
Our podcasts are licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Tag Archives: Judy Budnitz
This week on SoundNotion, the panel is joined by composer, drummer and death metal aficionado David T. Little. We discuss his new opera Soldier Songs, a new project about JFK, the ensemble Newspeak, the nature of ‘truth’ vs ‘facts,’ and the week’s news.
If you enjoy the show, please subscribe on iTunes or your favorite podcast service using the links to the right.
- This week on SoundNotion, the panel is joined by composer, drummer and death metal aficionado David T. Little.
- We discuss his new opera Soldier Songs, an upcoming project about JFK, the origins of his opera Dog Days, and the nature of ‘truth’ vs ‘facts’.
- A new study in the Journal of Experimental Psychology sheds some light on how people perceive consonance and dissonance.
- Times are tough for the locked out musicians in the St. Paul Chamber and the Minnesota Orchestras and State Representative Phyllis Kahn has suggested cutting out the middleman in order to keep the music going.
- The Grove Dictionary of Music and Musicians wants your Lillian Virginia Mountweazel’s in a new contest.
- Avid CEO Gary G. Greenfield steps down (and gets a million bucks) after eviscerating the development team for the popular music notation platform Sibelius. The folks at makemusic are ready to console Sibelius users here.
- NEXT WEEK – We’ve got Tod Machover with his now completed A Toronto Symphony.