SupportSupport us for free by using this Amazon link. Bookmark it and use it anytime you need to buy stuff on Amazon, and we'll get a teensy commission that helps out a lot. Did I mention it's free?
Support SoundNotion on Amazon!
Help keep the lights on via PayPal.
Select your own level of support.
Our podcasts are licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Tag Archives: Julia Newmann
In this episode we interview Bones composer Julia Newmann, talk in-depth about Michael Giacchino’s score to Dawn of Planet of the Apes, talk about what else we’ve been listening to lately, and look at which composers are being honored in Europe.
- Variety interviews “Fargo” composer, Jeff Russo.
- Alexandre Desplat to head jury at Venice Film Festival.
- Hans Zimmer will be honored at the Zurich Film Festival, which includes a film music competition.
- Listen to Dawn of the Planet of the Apes; read the silly DOTPOTA track titles.
- John Williams, Gustavo Dudamel, and Gustavo Santaolalla discussed film scoring at the LA Museum of Art on July 21.
- Rumor: Christopher Young to score Doctor Strange.
- Bill has been listening to DOTPOTA (Michael Giacchino), Game of Thrones Season 4 (Ramin Djawadi), Night Crossing (J Goldsmith), and Deep Rising (J Goldsmith).
- Kevin has been listening to Chef (Various), Edge of Tomorrow (Christoph Beck), Jersey Boys, DOTPOTA (Giacchino).
- Bill and Kevin discuss Michael Giacchino’s score to Dawn of Planet of the Apes.
- Julia Newmann interview (Bones composer, seasons 1-9)