SupportSupport us for free by using this Amazon link. Bookmark it and use it anytime you need to buy stuff on Amazon, and we'll get a teensy commission that helps out a lot. Did I mention it's free?
Support SoundNotion on Amazon!
Help keep the lights on via PayPal.
Select your own level of support.
Our podcasts are licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Tag Archives: Ligeti
This week, pianist Jeremy Denk joins the panel to give us some insight into Ligeti’s piano études, we dissect Emily White’s blog post on NPR’s All Songs Considered, we discuss the rules in the new media-old media war, and much more!
If you enjoy the show, please subscribe on iTunes or your favorite podcast service using the links to the right.
- Pianist Jeremy Denk joins the panel to discuss his approach to performance, writing, and his new album Ligeti/Beethoven.
- Emily White’s admission on NPR’s All Songs Considered blog of illegally downloading music and making copies of albums has drawn some heated criticism.
- Should internet radio and new media distribution companies follow the same revenue-sharing rules that terrestrial and satellite radio companies do? Is there a disconnect in the understanding of these different mediums?
- Friend of the Show Missy Mazzoli has been appointed Composer-In-Residence by the Opera Company of Philadelphia.
- A review of the financial feasibility of retaining the BBC’s performing ensembles has produced an inspiring and hopeful recommendation.
- How do you help your kid choose the right instrument? (Psst: If you could let us know what the acceptable instruments are, that would be great.)
- Composer and lyricist Richard Adler dies at 90.
What does good (or bad, if you must) programming look like? What do you think of “theme” concerts? How can constructing a good program affect how the audience thinks about the music they are listening to?