SupportSupport us for free by using this Amazon link. Bookmark it and use it anytime you need to buy stuff on Amazon, and we'll get a teensy commission that helps out a lot. Did I mention it's free?
Support SoundNotion on Amazon!
Help keep the lights on via PayPal.
Select your own level of support.
Our podcasts are licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Tag Archives: Linnstrument
In this episode Nate and guest-host Dave talk to host-guest Ben about his album Concrete Oasis and its titular piece, a seven movement look at urban decay and. Plus, the arrival of Dorico, a smaller Linnstrument, and Dave takes on the 2 Minute Challenge.
In this episode, Tim Reed joins Ben and Nate in a discussion on the importance of balancing work and life, festival programming decisions, and if it’s really “tape music” anymore. Also, Avid’s new license model, and Nate explains FM synthesis.
- Avid has changed the terms/pricing of ProTools to an annual subscription model, with a good list of new features!
- Reason 8 is out and it’s awesome. Ben is particularly happy with the new browser.
- Big Apple announcement!
- Got $1500 burning a hole in your pocket? Order your Linnstrument multitouch controller today!
- And if that’s a little too expensive, you can always try Rob Fielding’s Mugician app!
- And some sad news – UC Berkeley Center for New Media and Audio Technologies founder David Wessel has died. He was an important innovator in the field, pioneering a number of innovations in real-time computer music, and will be missed.
- In this episode, composer, educator, and new father Tim Reed joins the panel in a discussion on the importance of balancing work and life, festival programming decisions, and if it’s really “tape music” anymore. We discuss some of his fantastic work, including Tracings, and Nocturne.
- In this month’s 2-minute challenge, Nate talks about FM synthesis.