SupportSupport us for free by using this Amazon link. Bookmark it and use it anytime you need to buy stuff on Amazon, and we'll get a teensy commission that helps out a lot. Did I mention it's free?
Support SoundNotion on Amazon!
Help keep the lights on via PayPal.
Select your own level of support.
Our podcasts are licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Tag Archives: Mark André
This week the panel is joined by FoTS Meerenai Shim to discuss her upcoming premieres, the NEA/Kickstarter deathmatch, entrepreneurial musicians, orchestral shenanigans in Louisville, retro-electronica and the passing of the “King of Loud” Jim Marshall.
If you enjoy the show, please subscribe on iTunes or your favorite podcast service using the links to the right.
- FoTS Meerenai Shim is premiering works by Janice Misurell-Mitchell and FoTS Daniel Felsenfeld in Chicago and Berkeley.
- Kickstarter and the NEA square off for an arts funding deathmatch (or maybe they’re not really the same thing).
- Classical musicians are becoming such entrepreneurs that the Economists is writing about it!
- Colin Holter can’t find the silver bullet for mixing new music people with “the regulars.”
- Vintage electronica? Bring your bell bottoms! Synapse is now available online.
- Jim Marshall (the guy responsible for the “Marshall Stack” and Jimi’s sound) dies at 88.
- The Louisville Orchestra to start hiring replacement musicians (HEY! – I used to play clarinet, can I audition?)
- Frank J. Oteri issues a Spoiler Alert (Mad Men – 10/9c).