SupportSupport us for free by using this search box the next time you buy anything from Amazon.
Help keep the lights on via PayPal.
Select your own level of support.
Our podcasts are licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Tag Archives: Michael Giacchino
In this episode we interview Downton Abbey composer John Lunn, talk about what we’ve been listening to lately, discuss the summer scores of Brian Tyler and Michael Giacchino, and look at headlines.
- Hans Zimmer played keyboard in a live orchestra performance of Interstellar.
- AFM sues major studios over international scores.
- Variety has an article about the Summer of Giacchino.
- Brian Tyler on Furious 7 and Avengers music.
- Score review of Age of Ultron from Examiner.
- Ratatouille in Concert at Royal Albert Hall on 10/28/15.
- Bill has been listening to Flash, Arrow (Blake Neely), Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. (Bear McCreary), Avengers: Age of Ultron (Danny Elfman, Brian Tyler), Daredevil (John Paesano), Jupiter Ascending (M Giacchino)
- Kevin has been listening to Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. (McCreary), Better Call Saul (Dave Porter), Tomorrowland preview at Epcot (Giacchino)
- Interview with John Lunn.
In this episode we interview Bones composer Julia Newmann, talk in-depth about Michael Giacchino’s score to Dawn of Planet of the Apes, talk about what else we’ve been listening to lately, and look at which composers are being honored in Europe.
- Variety interviews “Fargo” composer, Jeff Russo.
- Alexandre Desplat to head jury at Venice Film Festival.
- Hans Zimmer will be honored at the Zurich Film Festival, which includes a film music competition.
- Listen to Dawn of the Planet of the Apes; read the silly DOTPOTA track titles.
- John Williams, Gustavo Dudamel, and Gustavo Santaolalla discussed film scoring at the LA Museum of Art on July 21.
- Rumor: Christopher Young to score Doctor Strange.
- Bill has been listening to DOTPOTA (Michael Giacchino), Game of Thrones Season 4 (Ramin Djawadi), Night Crossing (J Goldsmith), and Deep Rising (J Goldsmith).
- Kevin has been listening to Chef (Various), Edge of Tomorrow (Christoph Beck), Jersey Boys, DOTPOTA (Giacchino).
- Bill and Kevin discuss Michael Giacchino’s score to Dawn of Planet of the Apes.
- Julia Newmann interview (Bones composer, seasons 1-9)
In this episode, we interview John Ottman, composer of the film X-Men: Days of Future Past, discuss what we’ve been listening to this week, look at headlines of film music concerts, new scoring assignments, and cool videos.
- The two new Star Trek films will be going on a concert tour.
- The Pacific Symphony will play a concert consisting of concert works of film composers.
- Mychael Danna receives Richard Kirk Award.
- Michael Giacchino will score Jurassic World.
- Michael Giacchino denies Star Wars rumors.
- Cool short video about Desplat’s score to Godzilla.
- A cool short about Kevin Kiner’s music for the new show Star Wars: Rebels
- Bill’s been listening to Dennis the Menace (J Goldsmith), The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (H Zimmer), Meteor Man (Cliff Eidelmann), and Star Wars: The Clone Wars (K Kiner)
- Kevin’s been listening to Star Wars: The Clone Wars (Kevin Kiner), Godzilla (Desplat), Hannibal (Brian Reitzell)
- Interview with John Ottman
In this episode we look at the drama that unfolded because of Bruce Broughton’s Oscar nomination for best song. Also, new soundtrack albums and Hans Zimmer’s new competition, and Kevin and I helped publish the full score to Elfman’s Batman!
- Bruce Broughton’s Oscar nomination for best song has been removed from consideration.
- Good luck to all Oscar nominees on March 2nd!
- Michael Giacchino will compose additional music for the DIsney Land Ratatouille Ride.
- Alan Silvestri will write music for a Back to the Future Musical
- Hans Zimmer “Wants You” for a new Competition
- Happy 100th birthday ASCAP!
- Just published: Batman (Danny Elfman) full orchestral score now available.
- Bill saw and heard the score from G.I. Joe Retaliation, by Henry Jackman, and Pain and Gain, by Steve Jablonsky.
- Kevin saw and heard Sherlock Series 3, by Michael Price and David Arnold.
- New Releases on CD: In Country (James Horner), Delirious (Cliff Eidelman), Necessary Roughness (Bill Conti), Meteor (Laurence Rosenthal), Monuments Men (Alexander Desplat), Superman: The Animated Series 4CD (Kristopher Carter, Michael McCuistion & Lolita Ritmanis and Shirley Walker), Robocop (Pedro Bronfman).
In this episode we look at a few articles, talk about new scoring assignments, Arrested Development season 4, Star Trek Into Darkness, After Earth, what we’ve been listening to, and new CD film score releases.
- John Williams talks Superman and Star Wars.
- Michael Giacchino hired to score Dawn of the Planet of the Apes.
- Carter Burwell exits “Thor: The Dark World.”
- Hans Zimmer hired for Interstellar, next Nolan pic.
- Muse (Clash of the Titans) contribute a track to World War Z.
- The Great Gatsby music supervisor, Anton Monsted, talks about assembling the soundtrack.
- “Rewriting The Music Of The Evil Dead With Composer Roque Banos.”
- Do I need to hire a music editor?.
- Listen to 90 second clips of the Man of Steel score.
- Bill’s been listening to: Wreck-It-Ralph (Henry Jackman), After Earth (James Newton Howard), Hour of the Gun, The Salamander, The Challenge (all Jerry Goldsmith), Grand Canyon (James Newton Howard).
- Kevin’s been listening to: Arrested Development Season 4 (David Schwartz).
- New CD releases: Dreamscape (Maurice Jarre), Beyond the Poseidon Adventure (Jerry Fielding), Squanto: A Warrior’s Tale (Joel McNeely), Dressed to Kill (Pino Donaggio), Rosewood 2CD (John Williams).
- Summer Movie Scores Part 2 – Star Trek Into Darkness and After Earth.