SupportSupport us for free by using this Amazon link. Bookmark it and use it anytime you need to buy stuff on Amazon, and we'll get a teensy commission that helps out a lot. Did I mention it's free?
Support SoundNotion on Amazon!
Help keep the lights on via PayPal.
Select your own level of support.
Our podcasts are licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Tag Archives: Molly Sheridan
NewMusicBox’s Molly Sheridan joins us to discuss the American Music Center-Meet the Composer merger. We also discuss the latest from the DSO, the RIAA’s suit against Limewire, and Rob Deemer’s article about architects and chefs.
If you enjoy the show, please subscribe on iTunes or your favorite podcast service using the links to the right.
This week’s panel:
This week’s topics include:
- The Detroit Symphony musicians and management return to face-to-face negotiations for the first time since February.
- The Syracuse Symphony calls it quits.
- Molly Sheridan, managing editor of NewMusicBox, tells us all about the proposed merger between the American Music Center and Meet The Composer into New Music USA.
- The RIAA seems to think that Limewire owes them more money that probably exists in the world.
- NewMusicBox’s Rob Deemer talks about composers as chefs and architects.
Pick of the week:
- This week: Symphony No. 2 (1957) by Michael Tippett – Amazon MP3 – iTunes
- Next week: Like Dusted Sparks, timpani concerto (2008) by Ken Ueno – iTunes
Bonus pick (recommended by the composer): On a Sufficient Condition for the Existence of Most Specific Hypothesis: On a Sufficient Condition for the Existence of Most Specific Hypothesis, vocal concerto (2010) by Ken Ueno – Amazon MP3 – iTunes