SupportSupport us for free by using this Amazon link. Bookmark it and use it anytime you need to buy stuff on Amazon, and we'll get a teensy commission that helps out a lot. Did I mention it's free?
Support SoundNotion on Amazon!
Help keep the lights on via PayPal.
Select your own level of support.
Our podcasts are licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Tag Archives: Nat Evans
This week, the panel discusses the upcoming performance of Gruppen at the Worcester Polytechnic Institute, the success of New Music USA’s new grant system, the new Finale (2014), and how new music might take a note from Kanye West.
- The 2013 Musical America musician of the year awards include friend of the show Jeremy Denk, composer George Benjamin and ICE founder Claire Chase.
- The inaugural round of New Music USA‘s project grants are in and seem to be a huge success. They’re working to get the projects page up and ready for perusal.
- We discover that if you want a little Gruppen in your diet, the Park Avenue Armory isn’t the only game in town. The Worcester Polytechnic Institute stages Stockhausen’s massive work.
- Notation fanboys squeal with delight! MakeMusic releases Finale 2014 with some helpful new features.
- Nat Evans wonders on NewMusicBox if new music might take a note from Kanye West‘s massive multimedia stage show.
- Researcher Clifford Nass who studied how humans process the flood of electronic media in modern life, dies at 55.
This week #FoTS Daniel Felsenfeld joins the panel to parse composition contests, blogging contests, a new kind of concert hall and the concert works of Sir Anthony Hopkins (good with fava beans and a nice Chianti).
If you enjoy the show, please subscribe on iTunes or your favorite podcast service using the links to the right.
- #FoTS Daniel Felsenfeld joins the panel to plug his new beard, er I mean libretto.
- What do you think about composition contests? Parma Records wants to anthologize student composers.
- Sound Ideas from NewMusicBox – writing music about writing about music, written by John Luther Adams.
- Nat Evans wants to “time-specify nyc.” Put on your headphones and participate.
- Sir Anthony Hopkins is a composer and has the CD to prove it.
- Spring for Music is offering $2500 to find the best arts bloggers?
- Lead female reporter, Sam Merciers just can’t leave this one alone.