SupportSupport us for free by using this Amazon link. Bookmark it and use it anytime you need to buy stuff on Amazon, and we'll get a teensy commission that helps out a lot. Did I mention it's free?
Support SoundNotion on Amazon!
Help keep the lights on via PayPal.
Select your own level of support.
Our podcasts are licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Tag Archives: new music
All too often, composers spend months (years?) writing a new work, performers spend months (years?) preparing them, all for only one performance? Why do we have this problem? What can we do to help new works receive subsequent performances?
This week, we’re inspired by the always brilliant David Smooke’s NewMusicBox piece “Repeat Attendance.” How do we balance the value of newness and novelty with the seemingly inherent appeal of the familiar?
If you enjoy the show, please subscribe on iTunes or your favorite podcast service using the links to the right.
This week’s topics reabilitacija include:
- Detroit Symphony and musicians return to the bargaining table.
- Anthony Tommasini of the New York Times thinks its a good use of his time to compile a list of the Top 10 composers of all time. We disagree.
- The Metropolitan Opera is preparing for their first production of John Adams’s Nixon in China.
- Alan Pierson Shooting to lead the Brooklyn Philharmonic.
- Live theater broadcasts and “Digital Concert Hall” experiences и from the Met, Berlin wholesale NFL jerseys Philharmonic, LA Philharmonic.
- Violinist Miranda Cuckson receives praise for taking a detour from her usual contemporary repertoire and turning to some more traditional fare.
- Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross honored with a Hacked Golden Globe for their score to The Social Network, beating Hans Zimmer’s Equal Inception score.