SupportSupport us for free by using this Amazon link. Bookmark it and use it anytime you need to buy stuff on Amazon, and we'll get a teensy commission that helps out a lot. Did I mention it's free?
Support SoundNotion on Amazon!
Help keep the lights on via PayPal.
Select your own level of support.
Our podcasts are licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Tag Archives: New York Times
On SoundNotion, Tod Machover collaborates with 2.6 million, the RSC to reform copyright for the public good, (no wait) the RSC wimps out over copyright reform, the Internet Radio Fairness Act draws opinions and Anthony Tommasini wants your special moments.
If you enjoy the show, please subscribe on iTunes or your favorite podcast service using the links to the right.
- The National Endowment for the Arts released a report this week outlining how arts are funded in the U.S., by them and by others.
- Speaking which, NEA Chair Rocco Landesman announced his retirement this week. Sad to see him go, but we’ll always have the memories.
- It’s hard times for classical music and The Times is ON IT! We regretfully engage the chicken-littling of Les Dreyer, who misses the point completely in his conclusion. (Ed. note: What a pompous ass! -Dave)
- The Mobile Symphony Orchestra succeeds in converting at least one new symphony patron by allowing him to (GASP!) tweet during a performance!
- We rediscover the music of Laurie Spiegel, a pioneer of electronic music. She is one of the few composers with a gold record floating around outside our solar system.
- Savvy musician? Or savviest musician?
Wondering what to get for your favorite composer or musician (or podcaster) this holiday season? We’ve got some ideas.
- Spotify Premium: starting at $9.99 for one month
- Yamaha Pianica 37-Note Melodica: $107.94 at Amazon
- Aerobie AeroPress Coffee and Espresso Maker: $25.95 at Amazon
- Chazzano freshly roasted coffee: $17/lb. or $432 for an annual subscription
- cloud backup (not sexy, super useful): various plans and prices
- Sakura SE2000 Electric Eraser (yes, you read that right): $34.25 at Amazon
- Our favorite pencils: