SupportSupport us for free by using this Amazon link. Bookmark it and use it anytime you need to buy stuff on Amazon, and we'll get a teensy commission that helps out a lot. Did I mention it's free?
Support SoundNotion on Amazon!
Help keep the lights on via PayPal.
Select your own level of support.
Our podcasts are licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Tag Archives: Nicola Benedetti
On this week’s SoundNotion #FoTS Rachel Yoder makes us feel lazy taking time off from being a performer, communications director and writer to join the panel. We talk impossible music, sexist pigs, Art of Fugue (FROM MEMORY!) and Stockhausen’s giant ego.
If you enjoy the show, please subscribe on iTunes or your favorite podcast service using the links to the right.
- This week on SoundNotion #FoTS Rachel Yoder joins the panel to talk about premiere-hunting, communication skills, 44 contrabass clarinets, clari-blogging, her woodwind quintet and “real” interactive music (it keeps a marriage strong).
- Some guy named Karl finally gets his big break. Mittwoch aus Licht is premiered as part of the Cultural Olympiad in Birmingham England. Helicopters? Not so much.
- Frank J. Oteri contemplates impossible music.
- And you thought that shallow objectification was just for pop-stars. Violinist Nicola Benedetti gets the treatment and Matt Bendoris is a pig. Jessica Duchen experiments with flipping objectification on its head.
- Pianist Taka Kigawa is a crazy person. Need proof?
- RIP Chris Lighty who changed music forever by moving Hip Hop from the fringe to the center and rappers into brands.