SupportSupport us for free by using this search box the next time you buy anything from Amazon.
Help keep the lights on via PayPal.
Select your own level of support.
Our podcasts are licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Tag Archives: Pictures on Silence
David Smooke joins the panel to discuss the John Cage Memorial Random Composer Award, his provocative NewMusicBox article on The Audience, and his piece, Empty Every Night.
If you enjoy the show, please subscribe on iTunes or your favorite podcast service using the links to the right.
- Patrick is going to win the John Cage Memorial Random Composer Award. He’s feeling lucky.
- David Smooke tells us about The Audience and why composers shouldn’t try to appease it.
- The Seattle Symphony is starting a program that will let one paying adult bring two children to any of their 53 Masterworks concerts for free. Get ‘em while they’re young!
- Kyle Gann thinks minimalism is still getting a bad rap from academia. Will he find a place to host the Society for Minimalist Music conference? Yeah—if he reads the comments on his article.
- We all think concert streaming should be more prevalent, but are the operating costs too high to provide for a cheap fee?