SupportSupport us for free by using this Amazon link. Bookmark it and use it anytime you need to buy stuff on Amazon, and we'll get a teensy commission that helps out a lot. Did I mention it's free?
Support SoundNotion on Amazon!
Help keep the lights on via PayPal.
Select your own level of support.
Our podcasts are licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Tag Archives: Prince
Sam and Dave are joined by old pal Tim Rosenberg to discuss the loss of Prince, Henry Threadgill’s Pulitzer-winning work, and recent news about the Met, Steinway’s showroom, and listener email.
- American Composers Forum’s 2016 Champions of New Music
- Alex Ross: James Levine’s Accomplishment at the Met
- Steinway’s Grand Design: A Modern Temple to the Piano
- Sasha Frere-Jones: Dorian Purple
- Ann Power: Listen To My Body Tonight: How Prince’s Transgressive Spirit Broke Boundaries
- Seth Colter Walls: Henry Threadgill on his Pulitzer prize win for music: ‘I just try to stay hopeful’
This week, we say goodbye to Sirs Peter Maxwell Davies and George Martin, Yale’s MOOC, the Florence Foster Jenkins trailer, The Shining gets an opera treatment in Minnesota, and Kronos Quartet premieres the first set of its 50 For the Future commissions.
- Yale School of Music launches its first massive open online course.
- The first Florence Foster Jenkins trailer released.
- Sir George Martin (the fifth Beatle) dies at 90.
- Stephen King’s The Shining to be staged as an opera in Minnesota.
- Kronos Quartet will premiere the first set of its 50 For the Future commissions.
- The music world says goodbye to Sir Peter Maxwell Davies.