SupportSupport us for free by using this Amazon link. Bookmark it and use it anytime you need to buy stuff on Amazon, and we'll get a teensy commission that helps out a lot. Did I mention it's free?
Support SoundNotion on Amazon!
Help keep the lights on via PayPal.
Select your own level of support.
Our podcasts are licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Tag Archives: PROTOTYPE Festival
This week on SoundNotion, the panel is joined by guitarist Travis Andrews and percussionist Andrew Meyerson of the classical duo The Living Earth Show. We discuss their new album “High Art” on Innova Records, making music videos and the weeks music news.
- Sam Merciers
- David MacDonald
- Nate Bliton
- Andrew Meyerson and Travis Andrews of The Living Earth Show
- This week on SoundNotion, the panel is joined by guitarist Travis Andrews and percussionist Andrew Meyerson of the classical duo The Living Earth Show.
- We discuss their new album “High Art” on Innova Records, making a music video for “Family Man” (our pick of the week) by composer Adrian Knight and their upcoming gig opening for Kronos Quartet.
- The Canadian Opera Company has commissioned a new work by singer/songwriter Rufus Wainwright and that is – good?
- Pianists can rest easy. Hedge fund billionaire John Paulson who recently bought Steinway & Sons, vows that nothing will change in the way the company makes pianos.
- New York Times Magazine decided to include classical music in their 2013 end-of-year feature The Music They Made on notable musicians who passed during the year. Thanks to Lisa Hirsch and Alex Ross for holding their feet to the fire on this one.
- For the first time since the iTunes store opened in April of 2003, digital music download sales fell in 2013.
- Special plug for friend of the show Prototype Festival. The festival opens this coming Wednesday, January 8th.
This week on SoundNotion, we’re joined by PROTOTYPE Festival artistic director Kristin Marting. PROTOTYPE is an annual festival presenting new opera-theatre and music-theatre works by contemporary artists from New York City and around the world.
- This week on SoundNotion, we’re joined by PROTOTYPE Festival artistic director Kristin Marting.
- PROTOTYPE is a co-production of Beth Morrison Projects and HERE, presenting multi-disciplinary opera-theatre and music-theatre work happening January 8th – 19th, 2014.
- The festival presents both complete performances and works-in-progress in partnerships with local arts venues.
- Moby has has released his 11th studio album, Innocents. You can download all the individual tracks and remix at will.
- Leonardo da Vinci was an accomplished painter, sculptor, architect, musician, mathematician, engineer, inventor, anatomist, geologist, cartographer, botanist, writer, and it turns out, bowed piano craftsman.
- How do you get Bon Jovi‘s hit “Livin’ on a Prayer” back on the Billboard Hot 100 list after 25 years? With YouTube and some sweet dance moves.
- CORRECTION – On this episode, Dave is discussing a NewMusicBox piece addressing theatricality in new music, and Sam said the piece was by Isaac Schankler. WRONG. The piece was by Nat Evans, published on November 6, 2013. Sorry, Nat.