SupportSupport us for free by using this Amazon link. Bookmark it and use it anytime you need to buy stuff on Amazon, and we'll get a teensy commission that helps out a lot. Did I mention it's free?
Support SoundNotion on Amazon!
Help keep the lights on via PayPal.
Select your own level of support.
Our podcasts are licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Tag Archives: pulitzer prize
Sam and Dave are joined by old pal Tim Rosenberg to discuss the loss of Prince, Henry Threadgill’s Pulitzer-winning work, and recent news about the Met, Steinway’s showroom, and listener email.
- American Composers Forum’s 2016 Champions of New Music
- Alex Ross: James Levine’s Accomplishment at the Met
- Steinway’s Grand Design: A Modern Temple to the Piano
- Sasha Frere-Jones: Dorian Purple
- Ann Power: Listen To My Body Tonight: How Prince’s Transgressive Spirit Broke Boundaries
- Seth Colter Walls: Henry Threadgill on his Pulitzer prize win for music: ‘I just try to stay hopeful’
This week on SoundNotion, composer Tristan Perich joins the panel to discuss the joys of 1-bit electronics, almost dry ink pens, the relativity of time and his year long “Compositions” project.
Rob Deemer and Charith Premawardhana join the panel to discuss anthologizing composers, the Tokyo String Quartet’s official goodbye, the music initiative Classical Revolution, Kevin Puts’s Pulitzer Prize win, and much more!
If you enjoy the show, please subscribe on iTunes or your favorite podcast service using the links to the right.
- Twice the guests, twice the fun. Charith Premawardhana founded Classical Revolution and #FoTS Rob Deemer fears a composer revolution after daring to pick three names for a book.
- The Best Damn New Music Team (Frank J. Oteri, Emily Green and Rob Deemer) gives perspective as Anthologygate continues to unfold.
- Classical Revolution holds its first international conference in Chicago – seminars and two live shows. Find a Classical Revolution chapter near you.
- Tokyo String Quartet will be hanging it up after the 2012/2013 season.
- The music world loses Dick Clark, Levon Helm and Greg Ham.
- Kevin Puts wins the 2012 Pulitzer Prize in music for his opera Silent Night: Opera in Two Acts.