SupportSupport us for free by using this Amazon link. Bookmark it and use it anytime you need to buy stuff on Amazon, and we'll get a teensy commission that helps out a lot. Did I mention it's free?
Support SoundNotion on Amazon!
Help keep the lights on via PayPal.
Select your own level of support.
Our podcasts are licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Tag Archives: Pulitzer
This week the panel is joined by composer and MATA Festival artistic director Yotam Haber. We cover the finer points of score prep, the subtle craft of festival application and how to parse 600 scores. PLUS! Caroline Shaw and Roomful of Teeth DAMMIT!
- This week the panel is joined by composer and MATA Festival artistic director Yotam Haber.
- We cover the finer points of score prep, the subtle craft of festival application and how to parse 600 scores.
- ALSO – Got an idea for a great new music concert that reaches for something new? Yotam and the INTERVAL Concert Series want to hear about it. Even (and perhaps especially) if it involves knitting.
- #FoTS Drew McManus says the doomsday clock is at 6 minutes till midnight for the Minnesota Orchestra musicians and administration. The SoundNotion Bureau of Hyperbolic Metaphor approves.
- Brace yourself. Caroline Shaw, a thirty year old singer/violinist/composer, has won the 2013 Pulitzer Prize in Music, AND – you can actually purchase and listen to the piece RIGHT NOW! (Learn all about it from #FoTS Rob Deemer and submit your own work next year.)
Topics include Q2’s list of 100 composers under 40, Zhou Long’s Pulitzer, grooving robots, the future of the avant-garde, and more.
If you enjoy the show, please subscribe on iTunes or your favorite podcast service using the links to the right.
This week’s panel:
This week’s topics include:
- Q2 (from WQXR) has put together a list of 100 composers under 40.
- The Pulitzer committee announced that Zhou Long would be receiving this year’s award for his opera Madame White Snake.
- We’re going to be in Chicago this Friday (Apr. 29) for the New Music USA Town Hall Meeting, 5pm, Roosevelt University. See you there!
- Help us find a summer music festival to cover.
- Do you have what it takes to be the next Iron Composer?
- CalArts robot orchestra is ready to jam.
- Is “avant-garde” still a relevant idea?
Pick of the week: