SupportSupport us for free by using this Amazon link. Bookmark it and use it anytime you need to buy stuff on Amazon, and we'll get a teensy commission that helps out a lot. Did I mention it's free?
Support SoundNotion on Amazon!
Help keep the lights on via PayPal.
Select your own level of support.
Our podcasts are licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Tag Archives: Richard Hermann
This week, the panel is joined by composer, theorist and Aristotelian Richard Hermann. We discuss music theory…er No wait – We figure out what we mean by music theory and what it means to composers…well, some composers anyway. PLUS – The week’s news.
- This week, the panel is joined by composer, theorist, and AristotelianRichard Hermann.
- We discuss music theory…er No wait – We figure out what we mean by music theory (with mathematician Jack Douthett) and what it means to composers…well, some composers anyway.
- Most bangable members of the Phil? Really Village Voice? #FoTS Drew McManus has some thoughts on this.
- Placido Domingo is hospitalized this week with an embolism. Get well soon.
- Steinway & Sons is sold to the private equity firm Kohlberg & Company for $438 million.
- Last week at the Aspen Institute, the Kickstarter vs NEA debate was rekindled.
- Notable New York jazz clubs like Smalls have jumped on the webcasting bandwagon. They even plan on paying the musicians.
- John Zorn turns 60 (holy crap…really?) and gets insider recognition for a lifetime of outsider work.
- Leaving behind a lifetime of innovation (and some really awesome noise-canceling headphones), acoustic engineer and inventor Amar G. Bose dies at 83.