SupportSupport us for free by using this Amazon link. Bookmark it and use it anytime you need to buy stuff on Amazon, and we'll get a teensy commission that helps out a lot. Did I mention it's free?
Support SoundNotion on Amazon!
Help keep the lights on via PayPal.
Select your own level of support.
Our podcasts are licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Tag Archives: Richard Johnson
In this episode, Andrea Cheeseman joins Ben and Nate in a discussion of electro-acoustic music from the performers perspective. Teaching new music, prep and tempo alterations are discussed. And Nate explains reverb for the 2 minute challenge.
- Ben continues to gush over Max 7
- Moog’s Sub 37 is out – basically it’s a Sub Phatty that’s duophonic!
- Microsketch lets you get your microtonal groove on on your iPad
- ProTools got you down? Cubase 8 is out!
- And Ableton is having their annual sale – 20% off, including IRCAM stuff!
- Our guest this month is Dr. Andrea Cheeseman, Associate Professor of Clarinet at Appalachian State University, and performer/commissioner/champion/teacher of new music!
- We discuss some of the pieces in her recent repertoire:
- Christopher Biggs‘ 10^33
- Ben Fuhrman‘s Recursion (for S)
- Nikola Resanovic‘s alt.music.ballistix
- Kirsten Volness‘ Ultraviolet
- Nate gets into Reverb for this month’s 2-minute challenge.