SupportSupport us for free by using this Amazon link. Bookmark it and use it anytime you need to buy stuff on Amazon, and we'll get a teensy commission that helps out a lot. Did I mention it's free?
Support SoundNotion on Amazon!
Help keep the lights on via PayPal.
Select your own level of support.
Our podcasts are licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Tag Archives: #ritenpr
We’re joined by music critic Vivien Schweitzer to discuss trends in music criticism and how someone always thinks you’re an idiot. PLUS-Minnesota cancels season, Baltimore’s new duds, New Music USA’s new grant system and we say goodbye to Steve Martland.
- This week on SoundNotion, the panel is joined by writer, musician, and music critic Vivien Schweitzer to discuss trends in music criticism and how someone always thinks you’re an idiot. Oh, and she can’t wait to write about this concert.
- Cue the diminished chord! The Minnesota Orchestra cancels the remainder of their current season as labor issues persist. #FoTS Drew McManus doesn’t have high hopes.
- But not everyone is sad in Minnesota. The St. Paul Chamber Orchestra is back to work.
- Parsons The New School for Design has finished its project to revamp concert wear for the Baltimore Symphony (using students at Mannes College as models). Get a full rundown of the new duds here.
- New Music USA has overhauled its grant system; we think for the better. #FoTS Rob Deemer has some thoughts on this and similar moves in the UK by Sound and Music.
- Don’t take candy from strangers, unless that is, you want to promote American composers. Lucy Mann is still going strong at 92.
- This week, the music world says an unexpected goodbye to composer Steve Martland.
- PLUS – The SoundNotion crew is sure to impress with its entry for #ritenpr, part of NPR’s The Rite of Spring centennial celebration. Release your inner choreographer and give it a try.