SupportSupport us for free by using this Amazon link. Bookmark it and use it anytime you need to buy stuff on Amazon, and we'll get a teensy commission that helps out a lot. Did I mention it's free?
Support SoundNotion on Amazon!
Help keep the lights on via PayPal.
Select your own level of support.
Our podcasts are licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Tag Archives: Roomful of Teeth
On this episode of All the Cool Parts, Anthony chats with return guest Brad Wells, Director of vocal super group Roomful of Teeth. We talk about their new album Render, their present and future projects, and much more. Join us for our in depth discussion of the music and the composers!
This time on All the Cool Parts, I have a very interesting and candid conversation with Brad Wells. We talk about his vocal group Roomful of Teeth, the music on their amazing debut album, and about all of the incredible things that have happened to them over the past year. Plus, Cyndi Lauper called them “Teethful of Awesome.” So you know, there’s that.
This week on SoundNotion, pianist Aleck Karis joins us from San Diego. His new album of works by Webern, Wolpe, and Feldman is out in December. Other topics include the IMSLP scare (Deemer!), German orchestra issues, and Caroline Shaw’s “Partita” remixes.
- This week on SoundNotion, pianist and educator Aleck Karis joins us from San Diego.
- His new album, Webern, Wolpe and Feldman is out on Bridge Records in December, and he’s playing the entire album live on December 8th in New York.
- The classical music world erupts in horror over false rumors that IMSLP was shutting down. We have no proof, but we’re positive that it was all #FoTS Rob Deemer‘s fault.
- Austerity in Germany threatens to “merge” the adventurous Southwest Radio Orchestra in Baden-Baden with its more conservative neighbor in Stuttgart (YAY – More overtures!!). An impassioned op-ed in the Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung signed by 160 maestros and an open letter signed by 148 composers seek to stop the merger.
- Caroline Shaw‘s Pulitzer Prize winning Partita for 8 Voices (performed by Roomful of Teeth)is being remixed as part of New Amsterdam Records‘ yearly fundraiser in partnership with Q2 Music. This week’s remix is by Lorna Dune.
- The music world bids farewell to John Tavener with a final premiere.